Poolesville Biennial Election on November 6, 2012
Residents qualify to vote in the Poolesville Town elections through registration with the Montgomery County Board of Supervisors of Elections.
If you have recently relocated within Poolesville’s corporate limits, please ensure that you have changed your address with the County.
A person is eligible to vote if they:
- are 18 years or older at the their last birthday preceding the date of the election,
- are citizen of the United States
- have resided within the corporate limits of the Town for 30 days prior to date of the election
- have no record of infamous crime
- are not under guardianship proceedings or a judgment of noncompos mentis.
Resident may register with the Montgomery County Board of Supervisors of Elections located at Broome Middle School, 751 Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville. A County Voter Registration packet can be obtained by calling (240) 777-8683 and following the recorded message’s instructions.
Candidates for the Office of Commissioner of Poolesville
In order to qualify as a candidate, a person must:
- be qualified registered voters for the Town of Poolesville elections.
- be 21 years of age or older at their last birthday preceding the election.
- have continuously resided within the Town’s corporate limits for at least six (6) month prior to the election.
- have not been convicted of a felony.
Any candidate desiring to run for office must file his or her name with the Town Clerk and pay a $10.00 fee not less than 30 days prior to the election. This shall be filed on an official form furnished by the Town, signed by 25 residents who are qualified voter for the Town of Poolesville elections as stated above.